Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TSCMD Problem

Hi,

I used the TSCMD utility to adjust the shadow setting for our 6900 users. The command seems to have made an adjustment but not the proper one.

The command line I used was:

tscmd server username ShadowSettings (4)

The command removed the no input and no notify but disabled remote control. Can you help?

Thanks,

Mike

Re: TSCMD Problem

What do you mean remote control was disabled ? The command would be:

tscmd server username ShadowSettings 4

[do not enclose the 4 in () ]

tscmd only modifies one setting at a time, which is why I'm wondering about disabling remote control. The "AllowLogonTerminalServer 1" enables terminal server access.
    Kevin Stanush
    SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

Thanks for the reply! I did have the brackets in. Which I guess would default to no setting and disabled all.

Mike

[This message has been edited by mhayes (edited 12-18-2002).]

Comment

I reran the batch file without the brackets and still the shadowing is disabled.

Here is the exact command line:

>> tscmd hscmain01 AarAlessand ShadowingSettings 4

The resulting view can be seen at:
        http://www.hscdsb.on.ca\images\tssample.gif

Thanks again for your help.

Comment

I tested this just now on a Windows 2000 domain controller and it worked. Try this:

- Make sure that your server on the command line for tscmd is the same server that you are viewing using Hyena/MMC. Hyena and MMC will only show you these settings for a domain controller (usually the PDC or Operations Master) When you run tscmd, you generally have to target a domain controller. I don't know what to do if you have a standalone terminal server.

- Try running the same tscmd without the '4', which will show you the current setting.

- Remember that MMC/Hyena may be looking at a different controller than what you targeting with tscmd.

- Try setting the option in MMC/Hyena manually to make sure that the Shadowing settings will 'stay'. I think this option is not supported for Citrix computers (I think...)

Let us know what you find.
          Kevin Stanush
          SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

Thanks again. I was specifying the PDC (even though there is no such thing anymore) instead of the DC that Hyena was running on.

Settings worked great!

Mike

Comment

Working...
            X