Report of XP Computers and a Group in another Domain they are in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report of XP Computers and a Group in another Domain they are in

I have a total of 5 ADS Domains, and a sixth one. I need to produce a list of all XP OS computers in the 5 Domains, and if they are in certain Group(s) in the sixth Domain.

I understand that Hyena 11 cannot dump lists from more than one Domain at a time, so I modified one of the existing computer account queries to give me name, description, OU, and last Domain check-in...but have NO CLUE on how to check for membership in some of the Groups in the sixth Domain. Ideally, this could all be done with a single click...<G>

Thanks!

Let me think about this. If this is a one-time report, Hyena will work fine, but Exporter Pro can export this information from more than one domain at the same time. You display the domains in Hyena's right window, and then run any AD query you want on all of them.

I suspect that you will need two queries, one for the computer listing and the other for the group listing, but again, I need to do some testing on our group reporting.

It might help to know how many groups (max) do these computers belong to and what group(s) do the other computers ALL belong to, ie "Domain Computers" ?

The way I'm going to approach it is to run a group membership report (which is now customizable) for domain computers and add the fields that you want to.
    Kevin Stanush
    SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

Something to try is to find the group (or groups) that these computers are in, right click on the group, select View Group Members > Customize Query. Then, create a new query and add in the computer-related 'member' attributes you want. Use the 'Special AD Symbols' category for any group-related symbols, ie the group name. You could even add the 'memberof' attribute in the User Category and get the groups that the computers are in, but it won't have the primary group. This also might let you combine the two queries into one if you select the "Domain Computers" group for your other domains, since that should include all computers except domain controllers.

Let me know if you need more help or a better explanation.
      Kevin Stanush
      SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

Working...
      X