Parent Container Attribute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parent Container Attribute

Im sorry for even starting another thread, but I cant really find anything on this, well up to date threads anyway. Im making a billing report and I need to have the parent container. However, I know that the DN without the username would work, but Im just not as good with excel to know how to remove that value. Is there another way to add the value that Im looking for?

Hyena has some new symbols to help with this and others as well. Go to File > Manage Object View > AD Queries, click on the query you want to modify such as Users (Summary). In the lower right change the Attribute Category to Special AD Symbols. You'll see the symbols that can be added, so click on and add %SYM_AD_CONTAINER_NODOMAIN%. Click OK to save the change and run your query by double-clicking on All Users (if you modified the Users(Summary) query), or right-click on All Users and choose Query Directory Attributes.

Comment

That helps, only have one issue... How can I get that format to look like Microsoft\allusers\accounts, ldap type... sorry if these questions seem basic knowledge.. thank for the help!!

Comment

Using your original question of DN without the username, you could use %SYM_AD_CONTAINER%. Let us know if that gives you what you need.

Comment

So let me rephrase just a little, I need the format to be domain.something\container\container\usercontainer , like the canonical name.

Comment

Unfortunately we don't have a symbol for that one.

Comment

You can use the canonical name, which is an attribute you can add (its in the General Directory Attributes category). I would think the canonical name would be easy to parse in Excel, since you just have to remove the rightmost portion, right ?
              Kevin Stanush
              SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by missioncritical View Post
                You can use the canonical name, which is an attribute you can add (its in the General Directory Attributes category). I would think the canonical name would be easy to parse in Excel, since you just have to remove the rightmost portion, right ?
                Im sure there is a way to do that with excel. However, I know some about excel but not enough to just remove that data. I appreciate all the help that you guys give. I hope that I can do the same.

Comment

Give this Excel formula a try:

=LEFT(A1,FIND("@",SUBSTITUTE(A1,"/","@",(LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"/","")))/LEN("/"))))

It assumes a canonical name such as:

systemtools.com/Users/Support/cmccullough
                  systemtools.com/Users/missioncritical

And if it works for you should return:

systemtools.com/Users/Support/
                  systemtools.com/Users/

Comment

Working...
                  X