• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exporting scheduled tasks/jobs from 08 server

Exporter Pro v2.6'D'
    Hyena v9.2 'E'
    on Win7

Using exporter pro to export scheduled tasks from 2008 server isn't going to well. Whether I'm using the Servers GUI or Computers GUI on the same 08 objects...Neither work.

2003 servers are no problem, enumerating scheduled tasks/jobs works fine...Exporter Pro only has a problem with 2008 servers. The export is configured to run from the "Other" tab - using "Scheduled Jobs/Tasks".

Export Progress Message:
    Exporting scheduled jobs on '%s'...Unable to get scheduled jobs from '\\SERVERNAME'. Overlapped I/O operation is in progress.

Have no problem viewing the scheduled tasks/jobs on 08 servers, or using the "export to MS Excel" from the tools menu, but to run a "batch" export of scheduled jobs on all servers - 08 servers fail miserably.

Anyone have a clue?

Hyena has been updated to handle the new 2.0 Task Scheduler from Windows 7 and 2008, but Exporter Pro hasn't. You'll have to use Hyena for this, and you can do so by selecting the computers you want in the right-hand window, then right-click and choose Scheduled Jobs.

Comment

So I'm guessing each '08 server object has to enumerated individually, and exported to excel or access. I'll have to look into scripting this thing some how....D'oh!

Thanks C.

Originally posted by cmccullough View Post
      Hyena has been updated to handle the new 2.0 Task Scheduler from Windows 7 and 2008, but Exporter Pro hasn't. You'll have to use Hyena for this, and you can do so by selecting the computers you want in the right-hand window, then right-click and choose Scheduled Jobs.

Comment

In the right-hand window you can select as many computers as you want, then right-click and choose Scheduled Jobs. Once it finishes pulling from the selected computers, then you can use the Export to Microsoft Excel option.

Comment

This method works well...Many thanks for your reply.

-t

Originally posted by cmccullough View Post
          In the right-hand window you can select as many computers as you want, then right-click and choose Scheduled Jobs. Once it finishes pulling from the selected computers, then you can use the Export to Microsoft Excel option.

Comment

Is there any update for Exporter Pro on the horizon that will address this limitation? We're using version 2.6 'D' and are still unable to automate the export process.

Comment

No, not at this time. The problem is there are an almost unlimited number of fields and the triggers of a task make it difficult to put into a text file. That currently is the main problem. We can look to see what Hyena does for this, but I think it just tries to put all of the triggers into one column.
              Kevin Stanush
              SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

Working...
              X