Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How import a username list and generate detailed report?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How import a username list and generate detailed report?

Hi,

Not sure this is possible, but seems logical to me. Is it possible to import a username list into Hyena, and for each user, the detailed information associated to each user will be displayed and could be exported as usual.

thanks

Create a temporary Global Group ( you can delete it once you get you report ), then go to the Members tab and click the Add button. The dialog that comes up allows you to paste in a list of users. You can click the Check Names button to make sure they are found in AD before adding them.

Then you can display the members for that group by right-clicking on it and choosing View Group Members->View Direct Members Only. Select your users with a Ctrl-a, then you can right-click and choose Query Active Directory, and pick a query to run. The default queries have useful information already, but you can customize or create your own query to run against them.

Comment

Hi cmccullough,

Thank you for this answer. Is there any other way to import a username list? If I can avoid creating a new item in AD, it will be better, there is a complete process about creating new Global Group that if I can avoid, it would be better.

thanks

Comment

That would be the only way that we have because there's no way to import a list of users.

Comment

Actually, I just realized you might be able to do this with Exporter Pro, using the Import Object File option. Look in the Exporter Pro help file on importing object files.

You'll need to get the full LDAP path for each user, though.

Comment

Hi cmccullough,

thanks for the answers, I'll into that!

Comment

Working...
            X