Storage Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storage Report

Can someone tell me if I can run a report in Hyena to list the file contents of a drive which includes file size, file type, file owner, last accessed etc?

Re: Storage Report

The File/Directory export in Exporter Pro will give you that information. Select the computer you want in Hyena, then go to Tools->Exporter Pro->Export From Selected Objects. Click the Settings button, then double-click on File/Directory. Click the New button to create a template, and when finished click Start Export to run the export.

Comment

When I try to launch Exporter Pro, I get the following error.

Unable to open Hyena Configuration File �C:\Program Files\Hyena\HYENA.EXPORTER_PRO.DAT’.
      Verify configuration and/or Installation.

Please advise how to resolve this issue.

Thanks

Comment

Typically that is caused by a permissions issue, and usually only on Windows 7 computers. If you are on Windows 7, right-click on Hyena.exe and choose Run As Administrator. Try running your export again and if that works, then you need to give your account permissions to read/write to the Hyena folder.

Comment

It's actually occuring a WIndows XP computer that the account is not part of the Local Administrators group. I have installed Hyena on a different computer that I have Local Administrator rights and I am able to launch Exporter Pro. Is there a way to provide alternate credentials to pull share information out of file servers. The account I am using to run Hyena does not have rights on teh shares that I am trying to get information about so can I provide alternate credentials somewhere?

Thanks

Comment

The fastest test would be to right-click on Hyena and choose Run As, then supply the other credentials to see if that fixes the issues you are having. As far as local access to the .DAT file, you should still be able to give your normal account the ability to read/write to the Hyena directory.

That wouldn't impact your ability to view information on shares you don't have permission to, though.

Comment

Can you tell me if the meta data of the files will change following this process?

Comment

Working...
              X