Can Hyena do custom LDAP queries?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Hyena do custom LDAP queries?

For example, I need to identify all machine accounts that are NOT a member of either of two global groups. Within Active Directory Users and Computers I can create a custom query using this string to provide this info:
    (objectCategory=computer)(!memberOf=cn=APPLICATION Computer Install - SEP - Desktops,ou=SOFTWARE,ou=Group Policy,dc=cinbell,dc=com)(!memberOf=cn=APPLICATION Computer Install - SEP - Laptops,ou=SOFTWARE,ou=Group Policy,dc=cinbell,dc=com)(!memberOf=cn=APPLICATION Computer Install - SEP - Desktops - 64,ou=SOFTWARE,ou=Group Policy,dc=cinbell,dc=com)

However, the results are very limited and don't show the OS for one. Can Hyena execute the above LDAP query? How?

Re: Can Hyena do custom LDAP queries?

Yes, you can do that by going to File->Manage Object View->AD Queries. Change the Query Type to Container/OU Contents, then create a new query where you can paste that into the LDAP Search Filter box.

Comment

There seems to be a limitation on the number of characters the custom query can hold. What is that limit?

Comment

I didn't see a limit. I put in quite a bit of data.

Comment

Working...
        X