Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to query AD to find out what AD groups Machine accounts are members of?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to query AD to find out what AD groups Machine accounts are members of?

We have several Active Directory global groups that contain machine accounts. These groups have GPO's assigned to them that install applications, etc.

I need Hyena to run a report that shows me what groups a list of machines are members of.

For example; MachineA is a member of group1, group2, group3, etc.
    thanks

Re: How to query AD to find out what AD groups Machine accounts are members of?

This is an area of Hyena that can be improved a bit, both from the user and computer side of things. But in the meantime, one idea would be to select a batch of global groups, ie as many as there are that have machine accounts, then right click, select View Group Members, then View Direct Members Only. The resulting display will include users and machines. To sort on the machines, right click on the first column and select Sort by Icon.

You can copy and paste this information into Excel, by selecting the computers, then Edit->Copy to the clipboard.

There is also a way to do this using Exporter Pro, as it will export user and/or computer group assignments, so if you really want to select the computer objects and do it that way, let me know.
    Kevin Stanush
    SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

Working...
    X