Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exporter Pro Command Line -- specify systems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Re: Exporter Pro Command Line -- specify systems?

Unfortunately not, it has to work from the file.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Oh foo.

Is there any way to launch Exporter Pro from the command line, specify the export (CONFIG) *AND* specify the system name in the command line? So that I could run it one server at a time?

Thanks -- Dana

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Importing your list from the text file would have to be done manually. You can modify the DAT file directly, though. It is just a text file, and if you follow the structure of the other entries in there you can see how to add your own.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Thanks. OK, I loaded the Export with no objects and then had it load an Object file (just a TXT file with a list of server names), then exited Exporter Pro. When I ran it from the command line it is now using that server list.

But I noticed that it read those server names into a DAT file. So -- if that server list file (TXT) is modified frequently, how can we force Exporter Pro to reread the TXT file each time that it is run from the command line?

Dana

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Exporter Pro works from an object list, contained in one of the files the INI points to. When you open Exporter Pro, you can add the systems to the left window, and those will be added to the appropriate file so when you run it from the command line it will run against those computers.

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Exporter Pro Command Line -- specify systems?

Exporter Pro Command Line -- specify systems?

I have an Exporter Pro configuration that works fine from Hyena when I select a computer system or multiple system and then run it against the selected objects.

But I need to run it via a scheduler against a large list of servers.

I know how to launch the export from the command line -- but since no objects/systems are selected the output contains no information.

So -- how to I make the export use a file with a list of systems?

Thanks!

Dana
Working...
X