hynea views vs. exporter pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hynea views vs. exporter pro

We have some very large file servers and use the hyena extensively for viewing ntfs permissions for baselines before we make NTFS changes and auditing reports. It is not unusual for reports to run for 12 hours.

The report is perfect and it lists out all the details we need. I have tried exporting out in Exporter Pro but seem to be getting nowhere fast.

1) Can I get the same level of detail from exporter pro as I do in hyena ? and if so how?

2) is it possible to script this out to run at night, I see that hyena loads everything up into memory which takes awhile for our file servers. Any suggestions to relieve the pain?

Thanks.

Re: hynea views vs. exporter pro

Yes, Exporter Pro can report NTFS information for you. Here are some instructions:

In Hyena select the server or servers that you want to search, then go to Tools->Exporter Pro->Export Selected Objects.
    Click the Settings button, then double-click on Security Access.
    Check the box to Export Security Information and enter an Output File Name.

For share permissions, check the box for shares and choose the type of shares you want reported on. For NTFS file and directory permissions check the box for Files and Directories. Then click OK to close that dialog.

You'll also need a File/Directory template, so double-click on File/Directory. Click the New button at the bottom, give it a Template Name and an Output File Name. If you only want to search directories, check the box for that, then click the Add button beside Shared Directory Paths. Choose the shares you want, how far down you want it to scan, then click OK.

Security Access and File/Directory should be the only options enabled on this screen, if there is anything else enabled, disable them before running the export. When done, click Close and click Start Export.

Comment

Working...
    X