LDAP Search Filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LDAP Search Filter

I'm not able to get a new query with a custom LDAP search with more than one condition to work.
    I create a new query under AD Queries, Query Type "Container/OU Contents", and create a custom LDAP Search Filter, select "Include subcontainers..." select Define for the LDAP Search Filter, select "Custom Search", Field and select Computer and then Name Starts with Value: ABC and add to Condition List, then add a second Condition (XYZ) to the list and the result is the following filter that doesn’t seem to work:
    (&(objectCategory=computer)(objectClass=computer)( cn=ABC*)(cn=XYZ*))

If I only have one condition (e.g. ABC or XYZ) it works.
    p.s. On MSDN page referred to in help the syntax should contain or (|) like: (&(objectCategory=computer)(objectClass=computer)| (cn=ABC*)(cn=XYZ*))
    but this doesn’t work either.

Re: LDAP Search Filter

Try this way:

(&(objectCategory=computer)(objectClass=computer)( |(cn=ABC*)(cn=XYZ*)))

Comment

Yes, this format works thank you very much

The query isn't then correctly formed by Hyena and the MSDN format doesn't work either. Is that correct?

Comment

Windows returns it to Hyena that way, so we have no control over that. The MSDN example is what I gave you. You just missed the extra set of ().

Comment

Hmm ok, I actually just coped an example from http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa746475.aspx but this works so I'm happy.

Comment

Working...
          X