Need to find old User & Computer accounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to find old User & Computer accounts

I need to do the following, run a report to find users and computers that are no longer present on my network.

I understand that the best way to do this is to run a report that will show users and (separate report) computers that have not logged in for a while – say at least two months. Either that or we use the “last password setâ€‌ option to gauge computers and users that can be removed.

I’m not really sure of how to do this and the few examples that I have read seem to be geared more towards people who already know (basically) what they are doing (steps are vague or missing). I could really use step by step instructions written for someone that may be considered mildly retarded with no business having a job in IT.

I’m assuming I should:

go to FILE\MANAGE OBJECT
    choose AD QUERIES tab
    QUERY TYPE = ALL USERS (for the user report)
    ATTRIBUTE CATEGORY = USER ATTRIBUTES
    SCHEMA ATTRIBUTES: choose PWD LAST SET and\or LAST LOGON TIME STAMP

This then adds PWD LAST SET and LAST LOGON TIME STAMP under QUERY DIRECTORY ATTRIBUTES.

I’m not sure if this is correct thus far or of what to do next if this is correct in order to run a report or get a view that will show users with info related to their last password set or last logon time stamp. Again, please list each of the steps involved as if you were writing to someone that’s mildly retarded – your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Re: Need to find old User & Computer accounts

Actually, you've figured it out. The next step is to find the All Users object in the left window and double-click on it. In the right window you should see the newly added columns. You can click on a column header to sort by that data.

The computer query will work the same way as above, including pulling those attributes from the User Attributes category.

Comment

Thank you for your reply. The problem is - I do not have an All Users object in the left window. Looks like something may not be setup correctly with Hyena's configuration in regards to how it communicates with AD. I'm missing a few other objects as well. I'm guessing I'll need to figure out this issue before I can move on to the issue at hand. Thanks for letting me know.

Comment

This is working now after acting on your response from my posting in the bug reports forum. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
        X