DumpSec v2.8.6 receiving error=1726

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DumpSec v2.8.6 receiving error=1726

I am trying to use DumpSec in a WAN connected environment which is running Windows 2003 servers with about 700 users. I want to Dump Users As Table, and Show "true" last logon times.

The problem that I am having is that I keep getting "error=1726" messages when DumpSec queries some of the remote domain controllers. I am unable to complete a successful dump of the users.

I have domain admin priveleges, and there are no firewall programs running on the servers.

Have you seen this sort of thing before? Can you suggest what I can try to overcome this difficulty?

Thanks in advance,

-Dan

Re: DumpSec v2.8.6 receiving error=1726

That error is "The remote procedure call failed." That is typically due to communication problems of some sort. I would guess that since those controllers are remote, there may be firewalls between you and the remote sites that are blocking RPC.

Comment

Normally I would think that also, but I have a great degree of confidence that this is not the case. Also, these failures are intermittent. If a firewall was in place the result would be consistent. I'm really stumped!

-Dan

Comment

Unfortunately I don't have any other recommendations on that. DumpSec doesn't control that, but rather Windows does. You might want to experiment with our Exporter Pro utility included in Hyena. It also can check all domain controllers to find the most recent logon for your users.

Comment

Thanks for your reply. We're thinking that it might be a timeout issue. Is there any reg setting where we can boost DumpSec's tolerance to network delays? Another idea we had was to run it from a DC instead of a workstation. Not sure if that would make a difference or not.

-Dan

Comment

Those values are controlled by Windows itself, and not DumpSec.

Comment

Working...
            X