REPORTING WITH MS ACCESS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REPORTING WITH MS ACCESS

No where can I find that it says you have to install accss on the server where hyena is installed. Tools-Setting-I have pointed to an installed ms access on another server - from that server I can see the empty database, but from the server where Hyena is installed, I generate a report and the error is - unable to launch do you want to launch in safe mode and then it tries to configure ms office xp and the error is unable to initialize windows registry - any ideas?

Re: REPORTING WITH MS ACCESS

I would assume that the computer you are running Hyena from has to have Access installed. Hyena simply creates a temporary text file with data from the right window, then executes the Access command line to start Access and open the hyenrpt.mdb database, which runs a macro in the database.

I doubt you can run Access by simply running it's exe from a different computer.

Comment

this is from the help file - I just want to create the database - I will be on J when I run access - but it does not even generate the report without the registry error

reporting options
      Path to MSAccess.exe- Provide a path to the MSAccess.exe program, such as j:\apps\microsoftoffice\office. You can leave this option blank to have Hyena attempt to find MSAccess.exe.

Comment

Hyena is going to execute MsAccess.exe in order to import and display the report that you have specified. In order for MsAccess.exe to run, you need to have installed it on the computer that you are running Hyena on. This is a Microsoft requirement both to ensure that the application (Access) is configured right and also a licensing issue with Access itself.

Hyena does not have its own reporting engine; we rely on MS Access to be that engine.

[This message has been edited by kstanush (edited 04-18-2007).]
        Kevin Stanush
        SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

Working...
        X