Report Workstation time (without WMI)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report Workstation time (without WMI)

I found a topic with ideas on how to report workstation/computer time using WMI. Unfortunately, I still have a largely mixed environment. With the new Daylight Saving Time settings this year (2007) I want a quick way to report on time when March 11th rolls around to double check that patches have worked.

I tried adding a quick tool with the following command line...
    net time \\%E%>>C:\time\time.log
    but nothing gets written to the log file. if anyone can think of something... thanx in advance.

[This message has been edited by bd_young (edited 03-01-2007).]

Re: Report Workstation time (without WMI)

dunno if this helps anyone, but, after reading around a bit, I modified my quick tool command line to this...

cmd.exe /x /c net time \\%E%>>c:\time\time.log

now the logfile updates. Happy new DST settings to you all ;-)

Comment

*sigh* unfortunately this way has a 20 item limit.. anyone got suggestions on how I can quickly display a time snapshot on machines?

Comment

THis may be posted twice and I apologize... but does anyone know how to quickly display or report on time in Hyena? The command line options unfortunately have a 20 item limit which would be cumbersome in a large environment.

Comment

You can use the Create Macro function. It works basically the same way except it will create a batch file. You then run the batch file from the Command Prompt.

Comment

I can finally see the posts :-) and thank you for the suggestion. I can and will more than likely use this option. Still, I'd really like a simple way to view time (esp. to give to my boss who loves to be able to see things simply). The local time of a system is displayed when you go to the general tab on the properties of a system... is there any way to translate this information into a column to be virewed in Hyena?

Comment

That's about the only way to get that data. The right window display gets information from Active Directory, and local time is not stored in AD.

Comment

Thanks for your help... macro it is.

Comment

Working...
                X