Report on Admin Rights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report on Admin Rights

I need to run a report accross the domain to find out which pc's have users on them with admin rights without having to go control panel - user accounts.

Can any one help please ?

Re: Report on Admin Rights

I assume you mean you want to know the users that are members of the Administrators group on your computers?

If so, you can use Exporter Pro to give you a list of members of the Administrators group on your computers. The easiest way to do this would be to select your computers in Hyena, from the right-hand window, then go to Tools->Exporter Pro->Export Selected Objects.

Click the Settings button and double-click on the Windows NT/Local Groups option. Check the box to Export Group Members and type in an output filename. Check the box to Only export information for groups listed in this file. Then enter in a filename (can be anything), then click Edit. Notepad should open and tell you the file doesn't exist, so click to have it create the file.

Enter in Administrators on the first line, and if you want members for other groups you would enter them in this file also, one per line.

Save the file and close Notepad, click OK, then Close, then Start Export. When Exporter Pro is finished you can open the output file with Excel and find the information you are looking for.

Comment

first of all thanks for your quick reply, your right when you say members of the Administrators group on the computers.

Unfortunatley i dont seem to have those options on my version of hyena pro, i might need to upgrade or do you know of any way to do it on the older versions?

Comment

What version are you using?

Comment

System Tools Exporter Pro Version 1.7

Comment

There aren't that many differences in this process with the version you have. Where are you getting lost?

Comment

i have no computers listed on the right hand side just a list of domains on the left and then once the correct one is ticked there is no tools option.

Comment

Sorry, my instructions started in Hyena, but it sounds like you are in Exporter Pro. It also sounds like you have the domain you want your computers exported from, so go to the Configuration menu at the top of Exporter Pro and choose Configuration Properties. The other instructions should work from there.

Comment

Thanks very much for your help i shall give it all a go tonight and report back.

Comment

i have followed the process and when i click the Export button to run the report i get the error message 'Unable to open 'Exception List' file .......'

Comment

Make sure you created the file, per my instructions above. Also make sure you don't still have the file open with Notepad or whatever. It's saying it can't open the file, so it is either locked by something else or doesn't exist.

Comment

Working...
                      X