Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Custom Saved LDAP Queries Like in ADU&C?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Saved LDAP Queries Like in ADU&C?

I want to create some saved queries so that I can quickly bring up lists of all users on specific Exchange servers. I can do this in ADU&C, however it of course doesn't provide all the information that I want like Hyena does.

Currently I list all users and then filter, but I haven't been able to find a way to define a custom LDAP query in Hyena.

As Heyna is so configurable, I'm assuming that there's got to be a way to do this and I just haven't seen it, so if anyone can point me in the right direction that would be excellent!

Re: Custom Saved LDAP Queries Like in ADU&C?

*LOL* Posted that and then immediately see that it is now available in V7! Guess I'll download that and give it a try....

Comment

Let us know how this feature works for you; a lot of admins don't know about the LDAP filtering and how useful it can be.
      Kevin Stanush
      SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

Working just fine & dandy! Have created quite a few of the ones I need regularly and it's wonderful not having to filter. I haven't looked yet, but I presume that these are also saved in transferrable files that others can then use?

Comment

Yes, the information is stored in a newly formatted file named ad_views.dat which will be found in your profile directory\application data\systemtools\hyena.

There isn't a way to just share this one file (I don't think so at least), but you can copy or copy/paste out any section that you want. The file is formatted in a .INI format.

Glad to know that it worked.
          Kevin Stanush
          SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

Working...
          X