Daily automatic export of servers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily automatic export of servers

I'm trying to find a way to import certain servers into our help desk system. This routine needs to be automatic as we otherwise don't get it done.

Is Hyena able to make a daily export of certain servers into a comma separated text file?

Re: Daily automatic export of servers

You can use Exporter Pro this way. It has command line options that you can put in a batch file and schedule with Windows Task Scheduler.

Comment

cmccullough, I think I need your help on this. )

Under "Servers" I have many different machines. I'm only interested in the those server that's beginning with "CTX*****".

To start with how can I filter those out from the rest?

Comment

In Hyena you can double-click on the Servers folder to display them in the right window. On the toolbar is an icon for filtering. Click that, then type in CTX in the box above the Computer Name column.

Select the servers from that list that you are interested in (Ctrl-a for all of them), then go to Tools->Exporter Pro->Export Selected Objects.

Comment

Okay, so far so good. Now I have a txt file with in the info I want. By the way can I remove the "output fields" info in the text file?

So how do I automate this export with Windows Scheduler? When we add new servers I would like those to be included in the file.

Comment

There's a setting on the Output tab in Exporter Pro to turn off writing Field Titles.

You can schedule Exporter Pro to run, but there's no way to automate updating the list of servers in the file. Exporter Pro's help file gives you syntax for running it from command line.

Comment

Working...
            X