64k limit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 64k limit?

Maybe I missed this somewhere, but I couldn't find it in the online Help file or by searching the forums.

I'm trying to collect security info on one network share on one server. When I export the 'top level' folders and associated permissions it works fine. When I include subfolders, I noticed the output ends at 65535 items. (I know there are more items!)

Is this a limit inherent to Exporter Pro or to Hyena?

I can chunk the exports into smaller groups, but that will be a LOT more work than collecting it all at once.

Thanks!

Chris

Re: 64k limit?

Are you using Hyena or Exporter Pro to export/report these items ? Neither application has any limits, unless Windows is applying one. Exporter Pro writes to a text file, so there are not any GUI limitations either to contend with.
    Kevin Stanush
    SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

Re: 64k limit?

I don't know what happened. During the export, Exporter Pro was unresponsive for a while but then recovered. The exported text file had only 64k lines in it.

Later I did the export again. The app was unresponsive for a while, but when it completed there were over 180000 lines.

Go figure!

Thanks for the response--at least I know it isn't Hyena.

Excel, on the other hand, is limited to 64k rows.

Comment

Working...
      X