User names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User names

If I'm running Exporter Pro against a server and I'm outputting the members of the local groups with AD groups as members, is there a way to ouput the members of the AD Groups with account names along with first and last names if they are present in AD? Also is there a way to output the local user account name along with first and last names if they are configured on the account?

I've tried all the config options for Windows NT/ Local Groups and I can export groups with members listed but I can't get any details on the members other than usernames and I can't get a list of members from the AD groups that are members of the local groups. I've also tried configuring the AD section for user group memberships but Exporter doesn't seem to recognize the AD groups within the local groups and doesn't report on them.

Hyena does see this info because from the admin window on the console I can expand a local server group and see local users and domain groups. I can see the local users username and first and last name and for a domain group I can view its members complete with usernames and first and last names.

Thank You

Re: User names

I don't know what you are seeing in Hyena but you can't get to the AD information from a local group because the information is not in a format whereby AD information is available. Because local computers don't run AD, there isn't any way of knowing that the resulting member is in AD, much less where it is. Exporter PRo does not have any way to get additional member information for local/NT groups either.
    Kevin Stanush
    SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

Thanks. I thought Exporter Pro might ahve a way to qury AD for any domain groups it found in the local groups. But from your explanation I see that it can't do that.

As for the way I was viewing this. If you browse the local groups on a server from the main console and that local group has a global group as a member it will show you the domain users in the global group along with the users' info.

Thanks for your help.
      Clifton

Comment

Let us know exactly what steps you are taking to view the user/group information in Hyena when you are browsing the domain. I suspect that the information would be limited to full name, etc. and not the AD first and last name fields, but if so, then it must be a Microsoft dialog.
        Kevin Stanush
        SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

Working...
        X