Printing Members of Groups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printing Members of Groups

I can not seem to find a way to print all of the groups off complete with a listing of what members are in each group. Is this Possible? and if so How???

Re: Printing Members of Groups

If you are in a Windows 2000/2003 domain, the easiest way is to select your groups in Hyena's right window, then right-click and choose View Group Members.

That list can be sorted by either group name or members. It can then be saved out to a delimited file for viewing/printing with Excel or Access.

Comment

I can get it to do a report of the group name, group description, and the group type, but it does not do the contents of the groups, i.e. the users that are members of each group. I am able to view this, but as we have over 300 groups, and I need to print of the members of each group, this will end up taking ages to complete. I was hoping that this software would do the trick! any ideas...????

Comment

It does. You can either use the method I detailed above, which will display the members of all your groups in the right-hand window, or you can export them.

To export them you would use Exporter Pro. If you select your domain, you can then go to Tools->Exporter Pro->Export Selected Objects. Click the Settings button and configure the option for Group Members under Active Directory.

Comment

Thanks again, but this only seems to be possible for one group at a time, which will still end up taking me hours to complete the list of all of the groups, All I really want to be able to do is select all of the groups and say print a list of all of them at the same time..

Comment

Have you tried the instructions from above? In Hyena's right-hand window you can select as many groups as you want by holding down the Ctrl key and clicking on them.

Once you have them all selected, right-click and choose View Group Members. This will display all members for all selected groups in the right window.

Comment

Yes this did work, thanks, I just need to find someone that now understands Access...

Comment

You can send the data to Excel also. To do this you will do an Edit->Select All, then an Edit->Copy. This opens the Copy List Window, where you can either specify a delimited text file, or the Windows Clipboard. If you choose the Windows Clipboard you can open a blank spreadsheet in Excel and to an Edit->Paste.

Comment

Working...
                X