Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No information exports

Hello,

I've been trying to export info to no avail, the files just have the headers of the columns, no data, regardless of what I try to export.

Followed posted instructions in another thread to export group members, which worked for that poster but not for me.

Am I missing a setup setting somewhere?

Thanks.

Re: No information exports

Give us the steps you are taking to run your export.

Comment

In Hyena, left pane: expand Enterprise, double click All Computers, choose PDC, BDC, NT Server, click Ok. From resulting server list, in right pane click one of the W2K3 DCs. Click Tools, click Exporter Pro, click Export Selected Objects. Click New, type in a name (ie groupsandmembers also tried groupsandmembers.dat), click ok. Back at Export Selected Objects, click Settings... double click Windows NT\Local Groups. Go to NT\Local Groups tab. Under Group Export Options, click Export Groups. Output file name groupslist.txt. Select Local and Global Groups. Under Group Members Export option, check Export Group Members. Name file roupmembers.txt. Select Local and Global Group Members. Click ok. Back out at Configuration Properties dialog box click Close. Back at Export Selected Objects, click Start Export. Exporter Pro opens, export complete. Open txt files, they are empty except for header columns.

Using Eval copy.
      Thanks.

Comment

I think you are running into a couple of problems here.

The Enterprise object is not going to return AD-style paths, which would be needed to get information from your W3K boxes. Go to File->Manage Object View and add your domain, and add it as a Windows 2000/2003 Domain. Use the button beside the ADSI Path box to find and have Hyena enter the appropriate LDAP path. Click Add and then click OK to return to Hyena.

Then to run the export, you can either select your domain or the controller(s) you want to export against and go to Tools->Exporter Pro->Export Selected Objects. You can use your instructions from your post, but use the options under Active Directory(Users, Groups).

Comment

Working...
        X