Reporting on file version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reporting on file version

I need to find a way to report the file version for a file found on several PC's on our network.

I can get what I need by right-clicking the .exe file and choosing properties. The file versionm, and other version information is then listed under the Version tab.

Can Hyena report on these same details?
    I created a File/Directory export, but it does not list "File version" as an export option.

Re: Reporting on file version

This information is difficult and slow to obtain remotely, so we can't support it at this time.
    Kevin Stanush
    SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by jgercken:
      <span style="font-weight: bold">I need to find a way to report the file version for a file found on several PC's on our network.</span></div></div>

Amazingly, Microsoft has released "Log Parser" v2.2 which can report on a number of file system items (see below.)

By using the 'FS Input Format' you can get the version of any .exe, .dll, .ocx etc. file.

These are the fields available:
      Path
      Name
      Size
      Attributes
      CreationTime
      LastAccessTime
      LastWriteTime
      FileVersion
      ProductVersion
      InternalName
      ProductName
      CompanyName
      LegalCopyright
      LegalTrademarks
      PrivateBuild
      SpecialBuild
      Comments
      FileDescription
      OriginalFilename

You can save output to various formats including csv, SQL, text, etc.

Available from this URL: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scr...t.mspx?pf=true

Good luck,
      Rod

Comment

Wow thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X