Add WMI Query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add WMI Query

How Can I add a WMI Query to Exporter Pro?

I thought that Hyena and Exporter shared the same WMI config, so I first added it to Hyena. It did not show in exporter though.

Thanks in advance for any help

Re: Add WMI Query

They don't use the same configuration information, so you'll need to add it in Exporter Pro. In Exporter Pro's configuration area you'll find WMI, and you can add your query there.

Comment

I have found the file that is used for the WMIQuerys for Exporter Pro, but I do not know how to format the queries in the WMIQuery.cfg file. I created my Queries for Hyena using the template wizard. I admit I don't actually know the actual WMIQuery language.

What do I need to do to get the Query from Hyena to the Exporter Pro WMIQuery file?

Thanks

Comment

Why would you edit the file manually? If you go to Tools->Exporter Pro->Export Selected Objects, click Settings, then double-click on WMI you can add your query there.

Comment

I did not know that a double click would allow me to add my own WMI there. That left me only with the manual change. I did not see anything about the double click in the help file.

Now, that just leaves me creating 50 WMI Queries on the Reporter that I have in Hyena. It would be tremendously nice if I could 'sync' the 2 configurations, maybe even choose what I want to 'sync' between them. <Can I let this post suffice as a wish list, or do I need to post it there too?>

Comment

The sync idea is a good one from Hyena to Exporter Pro. The reason they are not in the same file is there is a different use and design to the two utilities, and Exporter Pro can be used as a standalone program.

The double-click to create a new WMI query is just a shortcut to selecting the WMI export object and then clicking the Properties button.

You can manually copy the contents of the wmi_queries.dat file used by Hyena to Exporter Pro, but you would have to manually reformat the file to match the format. If you create an identical query in Exporter Pro to one you have in Hyena, I think you can see what the .INI fields would be that are used by Exporter Pro. But if you have any questions, please let me know.

Thanks for the feature suggestion. I will see about implementing.
            Kevin Stanush
            SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

Working...
            X