Exporting & Tab Views

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exporting & Tab Views

I am trying to output user names with corresponding groups into a csv file. Running Hyena v5.5 I have not figured out how to output the info into a readable format as there is a lot of info not required listed.

My main problem is that the field is not long enough and is cutting off the output of the users groups.

Any idea how to up the field len?

Thanks for your help.

K

Re: Exporting & Tab Views

I don't remember what version we added this feature, so you'll have to see if 5.5 had it. You can select your groups in Hyena's right window, then right-click and choose View Group Members. When this is finished you'll have all the members of the selected groups that you can sort by either user or by group.

Comment

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply. I dont think that I worded my question correctly, when I run a query on either all users or all groups the output that is given is too long for the feild length.

Here is an example output when running a query on the Helpdesk group for example...

Helpdesk_GG - CN=User_Name, OU=Helpdesk, OU=IT Operations, OU=Office_Name, DC=uk, DC=company_name, DC=com

As you can see, rather than printing the user names it gives the name, organisational unit, and domain details. This means that the output feild for the usernames fills up very quickly and so it misses a lot of names due to the restriction on the feild length.

Any ideas?

Thanks again for your help.

K

Comment

I assume you are looking at MemberOf, which contains the data as you are seeing it. The right window has a 255 character limit, which unfortunately can't be changed.

You can either export the information, which will have the same data you are seeing, but won't have the character limitation, or if your goal is to see the members of your groups, my last post is a better solution.

Comment

Working...
        X