Exporting Plug & Play Monitor Infomation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exporting Plug & Play Monitor Infomation

Can any one help, I need to export the serial and model number from attached plug and play monitors. Is there a way to to it via WMI ?

Re: Exporting Plug & Play Monitor Infomation

The Win32_DesktopMonitors class appears to offer some of this information, but I don't think you can get the serial number as it might just be on paper on the back of the monitor, and while there is BIOS on the monitor, I don't think it reports it back to the o/s.

If you need help setting up a WMI query for this class, let us know.
    Kevin Stanush
    SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

Thanks, i really need the serial number information, a collegue has found a vbs script that extracts the information from the registry at SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\DISPLAY\
      but i need to run it on the machine user base to collect with other information, can i email the script over to you to see if this can be ran from hyena ?

Comment

If the script is not too long, post it here. If its fairly long, email it to [email protected] so that we can look at it.
        Kevin Stanush

Comment

The script that you sent is basically a program, and Hyena and Exporter Pro are not themselves programmable scripting tools. If a value is contained in the registry, and generally not a BINARY value, Hyena or Exporter Pro can export it. But this particular value is embedded in an unpredictable location, so you would have to rely on a script like this to extract the data.

If the value or a portion of this value were reported to WMI, you also would be able to get this information, but I'm assuming that you have checked some of the more common WMI classes.

I don't think that the designers of these devices anticipated getting this information out as easily as they should have.
          Kevin Stanush

Comment

Working...
          X