Exporting specific event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exporting specific event

I would like produce a report (1,000+ machines) of a particular event/source (in this case 302 of Application Management for the Application log).

What would be the best way to do this?

Re: Exporting specific event

You can do this with either Exporter Pro, or in Hyena. In Exporter Pro you would use the Events export under WMI. Use the 'Where' Clause to specify the log and the event.

In Hyena you can select your computers in the right window, then right-click and choose Events->Filter Events. Select the log and enter in the event you are looking for. You can also use the WMI option in Hyena when you right-click on the selected computers.

Comment

Uggh! I knocked around with it (and the output file options) enough to figure it out. Just a couple of other matters.

In the query definition I would like to include event log entries that have the word "Macromedia" in a particular field (and not necessarily at the beginning of it). I understand field = "somevalue" but what if that value is just part of the complete string? How is that phrased? What kind of operators would I use?

Also, since I want to know the status of all computers is there a way to include the names of computers that do not have what I'm looking for so that they are represented as such?

Thanks again. I'm getting there slowly but surely!

Comment

Entering the string you want should match even if it is just part of the text.

On your question about computers that don't have a match, there is a good post in this thread to help:
        http://www.systemtools.com/HyenaBoar...ML/000525.html

Comment

WMI does not support wildcard filtering through the WHERE condition. However, if you are doing this interactively in Hyena, you can use the filter toolbar button to filter on anything once the data is displayed.
          Kevin Stanush
          SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

Working...
          X