One more question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One more question

I got it to output the local NTFS permissions. Now can you provide me with the AD permissions as well?

Re: One more question

We don't have any exporting support for AD object permissions. However, you can get AD permissions interactively in Hyena in a listing format by selecting the objects (select multiple objects in Hyena's right window), right click, select Account Functions->List Directory Security.

Note that doing this requires that Hyena make a connection to AD for each object individually and you should only do a few hundred at a time. If you have thousands to do, I would do this in blocks of 500 with 10 minutes between each block as AD will not free the connections right away and a server can only have so many connections.
    Kevin Stanush
    SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

Thanks, I think I can live without the export function but if you ever feel inclined to add it let me know.

One more question, or possibly a suggestion. When I pull up the AD permissions in Hyena it provides me with an icon indicating what type it is. However this icon does not translate over in a copy function.

In a future release you may consider adding a 'type' column so the identity of each unit is carried over in the copy. (Or is this done already and I'm just missing it).

Comment

The problem is the copy function can only copy out what is on the screen, and the visual icon does not translate to text. However, each icon/image has a unique number assigned to it, and there is an option on the Copy dialog (on the bottom) to export the icon image ID. From that, you can easily determine which entries are users, groups, etc.
        Kevin Stanush
        SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

Working...
        X