Logon information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logon information

Hi I need to pull reports that will determain when user logon and log off? When I enable this option it only shows when users logon and not off. How do I go about to set this up?

Re: Logon information

Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be an easy solution for this. Hyena can show you what Windows has put into the Last Logon and Last Logoff fields for a user, but Logoff information doesn't appear to be tracked very well.

According to Microsoft, the best way to do this would be to search through the event logs on each controller and pull out every logon and logoff event. The problem is there seems to be many different things that trigger a logon/logoff event.

Comment

I'm trying to get the same information but Exporter Pro keeps locking up on me but....my understanding was that the "lastlogon" would get you this. Is this not the case?

Comment

No that is not the case I need to know exactly when the user logs on and off their machines. The programs keeps on freezing as well is there not a patch available? :-(

Comment

Can you give us some details on what you mean by it 'locking up'?

Comment

If I right-click a user, select view logon information, then check all domain controllers the field that shows last logon is not accurate. For example a particular user last hit the PDC today at 5:430AM but the last logon field is telling me they last logged on 2/23 which is a time from one of the BDCs. Is this a known issue?

Comment

Send a screen shot of this to [email protected] along with the version of Hyena you are using.

Comment

Working...
              X