Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Joining" WMI (and other) reports in Exporter Pro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Joining" WMI (and other) reports in Exporter Pro?

Is there a way to generate a report with values from various WMI objects (or even better, ANY Hyena object) "joined" together into a report? For example, I'd like to create a report with stuff like system name, display controller, CPU type and speed, memory, OS (and service pack), etc. Since this pulls values from different WMI objects, I can't see how this is done.

If it can't be done in Exporter Pro, is there a common value that can be used to join various tables together to generate a report like the one I want in Access (or any other database)?

This seems like something everyone would want, but I can see any references to it in the forums (but I'm still looking).

Thanks,
    Matt Goheen

Re: "Joining" WMI (and other) reports in Exporter Pro?

You'll have to join the output files using something like Access. Most reports should include computer name, so that should be the best field to join on.

Comment

Re: "Joining" WMI (and other) reports in Exporter Pro?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by cmccullough:
      <span style="font-weight: bold">You'll have to join the output files using something like Access. Most reports should include computer name, so that should be the best field to join on.</span></div></div>

Poking around a bit more (and reading up on WMI), it appears the WMI queries pretty much ALWAYS have "__SYSTEM". For WMI, you can join on that field, and with other Hyena reports you can use a similar (system name) field.

Comment

Working...
      X