Filtering Groups and Colums in AD Group Members Export

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filtering Groups and Colums in AD Group Members Export

I am using Exporter Pro 1.5c and I am exporting group members from Active Directory. I have two questions:

1.) is there any way to filter the groups that are exported so I don't have to look at all of them? For example I would like to keep Domain Computers from being included.

2.) How do I control the fields that are exported for each user that is a member of a group. Right now I get distinguishedname cn displayname description objectclass samaccountname useraccountcontrol IS_PRIMARY

Re: Filtering Groups and Colums in AD Group Members Export

Your only option for the first one would be to select the groups you want to export against in Hyena, then go to Tools->Exporter Pro->Export Selected Objects.

For the second one there doesn't appear to be a way to control those fields that I can see.

Another opition for all of this, though, would be to select your groups in Hyena's right window, then right-click and choose View Group Members. This can be copied out to a delimited text file by doing a Ctrl-a, Ctrl-c.

You can also run queries on those users by selecting them, then right-clicking and choosing Tabular Views.

Comment

To get the instructions on how to modify the member (user) attributes for a group export, see:
      http://www.systemtools.com/HyenaBoar...ML/000291.html

If you have any questions, let us know.
      Kevin Stanush
      SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by kstanush:
        <span style="font-weight: bold">To get the instructions on how to modify the member (user) attributes for a group export, see:
        http://www.systemtools.com/HyenaBoar...ML/000291.html

If you have any questions, let us know.</span></div></div>

Okay this worked good. I apoligize for not finding it in search first. I looked but not close enough.

With respect to my first question it would be a nice if a future release of ExporterPro allowed custom filters to limit the scope of output...

Thanks for your help..

Comment

Glad you got it to work. The problems with limiting the output for AD exports is that any mechanism that allows entry of the groups, etc. is too prone to error. AD uses LDAP and the path structures are varied and unpredictable.

You can create customized lists of AD objects, including groups, and use that as a "export from these groups only" list, but if new groups are added, you would then have to manually add them to the list.
          Kevin Stanush

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by kstanush:
            <span style="font-weight: bold">Glad you got it to work. The problems with limiting the output for AD exports is that any mechanism that allows entry of the groups, etc. is too prone to error. AD uses LDAP and the path structures are varied and unpredictable.

You can create customized lists of AD objects, including groups, and use that as a "export from these groups only" list, but if new groups are added, you would then have to manually add them to the list.</span></div></div>

For what I am hoping to do I would be fine with manually adding a group list to a file or object list.

Let me know if that is something I can currently do.

Thanks.

Comment

You don't have to create a list manually, as Hyena can create one for you. When you right click on multiple objects in Hyena's right window and select Tools->Exporter Pro->Export Selected Objects, Hyena builds a Exporter Pro configuration for you and puts the selected objects into a file named Hyena_exporter_pro.dat. You can make a copy of this file and use it as a basis for creating your own configuration. This would not be an "exclude" list, but rather a list of the groups that you want to export.
              Kevin Stanush

Comment

Working...
              X