Create a report showing ONLY Win2k machines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Create a report showing ONLY Win2k machines

I would like to create a report that shows ONLY all the Win2k machines, their service pack level and what OU they are in.

I need this info to put the computers in a group of software deployment.

I would like to be able to reuse this query to create future reports.

Thanks

Re: Create a report showing ONLY Win2k machines

One thing you can try is to right-click on the Computers object for your domain and choose Tabular Views->Computer(Detailed). When the information has finished displaying in the right window you can filter on either the OS field or the Version.

Comment

Thanks. This worked. I had to filter to version though and then pickout all the servers. Then I just chose "add to group" for all 2100 computers and BAM! They where added to the group I created for Win2k workstations. Thank for the help.

Comment

Now...How do I export this info in a report so I can send a monthly report to the boss?

I can't seem to figure out the Exporter Pro utility and how to get it to filter to JUST Win2K workstations.

Thanks

Comment

There's no way to filter to just W2K Workstations, so you'd have to filter the data after you've exported it.

Comment

You can use WMI (Win32_OperatingSystem) class and use that with a 'Where' condition to filter for specific information. Both Hyena and Exporter Pro can do this through WMI. There is a sample WMI query in both Hyena and Exporter Pro for this class.
            Kevin Stanush
            SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

Working...
            X