Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to run stexport.exe

Hello
    i am using Hyena 6.0 (actual version) and i try to run exporter pro. I always get the error message "Unable to run export (stexport.exe). Check availability of this file in the current program directory: ...... is not a valid win32 application.
    This problem occurs when i try to start exporter pro thru hyena. I can start stexport.exe via the start icon without any problems.

Re: Unable to run stexport.exe

Are both Hyena.exe and Stexport.exe located in the same directory? Are you running Hyena using Run As, or through a remote session?

You might try setting a Working Directory on the shortcut you use to start Hyena and see what that does.

Comment

hi
      both tools are installed in the same directoy. I run Hyena via a Remote Desktop Session on a W2K Server. I have it installed on the e: drive under program files\hyena.

I tried with working directory = install directory on the shortcut -> no success

I tried with working directory = c:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\SystemTools\Hyena on the shortcut-> no success.

Thanks for any help.

Oliver

Comment

It sounds like something is causing Hyena to not be able to find the file. Are you able to run it on your desktop, or on the server directly to eliminate the remote session as a possible problem?

Comment

Hi

not really. I need to travel to the customer site. The problem is we want to use hyena during the nt4->W2K3 migration next weekend and then i will be at that site - just to late to solve the problem. But I will try this. BTW: I tried it via Remote Desktop and a special Remote Access Tool (sunbelt remote admin).

Thanks and Regards
          Oliver

Comment

I am experiencing this exact problem...Does anyone know a fix?

Comment

For anyone running into this error, it appears to be a path problem as detailed in this thread and the KB article referenced in it:

http://www.systemtools.com/toolboard...Upgrade-issues

Comment

Working...
              X