Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exporter Pro export info from ALL servers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exporter Pro export info from ALL servers?

I am trying to export a list of all our servers. Particularly I want processor, mem,HDD, software/versions.

Is there a way to get thos exported to an excel doc? Or do I have to export one server at a time and then manually add them to the excel doc?

Thanks

Cteillon

Re: Exporter Pro export info from ALL servers?

You can select the servers in Hyena, then choose Tools->Exporter Pro->Export Selected Objects. Click the Settings button to configure the information you want to export, then Start Export when ready. This will export against the selected objects.

Comment

This is not my thread, but I am having a similar issue. I am working on an enterprise that has about 60 different domains. How do I report data from selected machines on those domains?

Comment

The only way that I know that you could do this would be to either create a custom list of your servers and get them into an Exporter Pro configuration. You would have to either manually enter them one-by-one or import them from a text file.

Or, you could add all of your domains to Exporter Pro (again either manually or import them from a file), then run the export to get the servers by using the Filter option using Export Properties->General->Enable Computer Filtering. The downside to this approach is that if you use the option to get the computer list from the browse list, you will miss some servers, or if you use the other option it will be slower.

You can then decide if you want to build a custom list using the output from the computer list export.

I assume that these are not AD domains, otherwise you could just use AD to build you a list of your servers and sort by some attribute.
        Kevin Stanush
        SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

Working...
        X