Need to export user data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to export user data

How do I use Hyena to export user data to an access database?

My goal is to be able to create a query by entering a username that will return all the groups they are members of.

Anyone know any ways I can do this?

Re: Need to export user data

To export data you can use the Export functions which create a delimited text file, and you can copy data from the right window to the Windows Clipboard or to a delimted text file.

You can send data from the right window to an Access database by using Tools->Generate Report.

For group memberships, in Windows 2000 domains, you can select your groups in Hyena's right window, then right-click and choose View Group Members. This gives you a list of all groups and their members, sorted by user.

You can also use the Exporter Pro for this, and our next version of Exporter Pro that is currently in beta, will allow you to select one or more users and export information for only those users.

Comment

neither one of these are helping me. the user export to the text file is extremely messy and running a query on groups instead of users doesnt help me either because i have to go through each group and match every single user with every group their in which will take forever.

Anyone know of a good way to do this? I just want to be able to input a user name and have all their groups returned back to me. there has to be a not so difficult way to do this.

Comment

I'm not sure I follow your comment on running it against groups and comparing or whatever. Did you try this?

If you select your groups in Hyena's right window, then right-click and choose View Group Members, everything will be displayed for you in the right window, sorted by user.

If you need to know what groups John Doe is a member of, you simply scroll down and find John Doe. If he is a member of 20 different groups, you'll see 20 entries for John.

Comment

"If you need to know what groups John Doe is a member of, you simply scroll down and find John Doe. If he is a member of 20 different groups, you'll see 20 entries for John"

This is exactly what i need, how do I put all of these users and the groups they belong to in an access database?

Comment

Working...
          X