last login reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• last login reports

I am trying to run a report to show the last login date for all of our users, the report runs fine however there are alot of users that the date field is coming up blank rather than "None" or an actual date. We have 5 domain Controllers does this report check all of these? When I do a manual login check on thier Id and specify check all domain controllers it does show them as logged in as of today..any help is appreciated...Thanks!

Re: last login reports

Send the following to [email protected]:

Screen shot of a user after you've done the Check All Domain Controllers.

The line from your output file for the same user as you use for the screen shot.

Comment

To try to see what might be happening, see about setting the User export options for the last logon reporting to "export user attributes from each domain controller seperately" instead of the 'combined' option. This way, you can see which domain controllers are being included in the output.

Exporter Pro gets the domain controller list the same way that Hyena gets it when you expand the Domain Controllers object under an AD domain.

Is the domain an AD or Windows NT domain ?
      Kevin Stanush
      SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

thanks so much for your quick reponce, I sent the data as requested. I'm not quite sure where to find the second persons reply area, can you give me directions on how to apply the settings....Thanks Again!!

Comment

Since you are using Hyena 5.2, you can only view this information from multiple controllers by right-clicking on a user and choosing View Logon Information and then clicking the Check All Domain Controllers button.

To view this for multiple users at once you need to upgrade to the latest version of Hyena and use the new Exporter Pro.

Comment

Hyena is only able to get a list of controllers from the Windows browse list which is probably why you are missing a controller or two. Windows NT lacks a fast way to retrieve the DC list. So, the best way to get an accurate list is to use Exporter Pro.
            Kevin Stanush
            SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

Thanks.....I will upgrade!! In the mean time I'll use DumpSec

Comment

Working...
              X