How to populate database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to populate database

When installing Hyena, a MS Access db (hyenarpt.mdb) is created with a set of empty tables. How can I poplulate these tables, easily?
    Thx.

Re: How to populate database

When you view data in Hyena's right window, you can choose Tools->Run Report and send that data to the database. There is no way to pre-populate the tables.

Comment

Just to get this straight.
      I have to specify all info that I want in the right window, then I can "Generate Report".
      Is there no way to fill the entire db with all info at once? (ie. users, userdetails, groups, group members, etc.)
      The reason i ask, is that the prebuilt columns in those tables are good info, and i'm not sure how to gather all of that specific data.
      Thanks, again.

Comment

You have to run them one at a time, such as Users, then Computers, etc. Once the data is in the right window you can generate the report.

One thing though is that if you are viewing Active Directory data, there is no matching table in the database. If you run the report and the Table Name is blank, you'll need to specify a unique name, and it will create a new table in the database with that data.

Comment

I am using Active Directory.
          Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
          X