Limit in Exporting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limit in Exporting

I haven't bought Hyena yet, but I tried to export all users from my domain and it seems to stop after about 5000 entries. I've got a really big domain and it only seems to export half of it.

Thanks in advance (exporter is the reason why I want to buy Hyena)

Re: Limit in Exporting

Is the domain a Windows NT or Windows 2000 domain ?

If you have Hyena, can you see if you can view all of the user accounts in Hyena ?
    Kevin Stanush
    SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

NT Domain with more than 7000 users.

Yes I see all in Hyena.

Comment

When i try to export with the last exporter the AD (Group members and user with the all parameters), the export crash (memory error), i have increase my virtual memory it's beter (+-40mg in the txt file generate) but if the export is biger the system crash again.
        i have around 3500 users, 3000 workstations and around 1000 server.

Comment

I cannot think of anything in the Exporter program that is tied to the amount of data being exported. Most of the data files are kept open during exporting and written to constantly. There isn't anything kept in memory.

There is the right progress window in Exporter that gets messages that may have an upper limit, but it should be quite large. A few thousand entries in the window should not need that much memory.

So far, we lack enough information to narrow down why a crash is happening. Its probably due to some unexpected condition/data in the data that is being exported.

Unless I'm missing something.
          Kevin Stanush
          SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

As for me, sorry I wasn't able to try it again. I did found out thought that I had 5.4 in french and downloaded 5.5 in english. The exporter looks different but I wasn't able to do what I wanted (I was stucked at home in VPN during a winter storm) because my VPN would't allow me to do so. I'll try 5.5 later this week. As for now, I'm riding my snowboard the most I can...

Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X