Exporting "Object View"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exporting "Object View"

I'm installing Hyena on another computer and want to export the "Manage Object View" but I can't find it anywhere. I can import "qstation.dat" but how do I create a "qstation.dat" file? Thanks in advance!

Re: Exporting "Object View"

There are several ad_*.dat files that have this information in them. Just copy them from your computer to the other and you'll be set.

Comment

I did copy all the ad_*.dat files but that didn't make a difference. I'm running 5.0 'B' on both machines. Would that make any difference? To test it, I added a new object in the Object View but none of the .DAT files changed ??? Am I missing something here?

Comment

Search your drive for ad_objects.dat to verify that you don't have them in two different directories. Find the one that was most recently modified and copy the files from that directory.

This should either be your Hyena directory or your profile directory.

Comment

Also, on the computer you are copying to, if it is an existing user, copy them into that user's profile directory.

If it's a new user, you can just copy them into Hyena's installation directory.

Comment

Working...
          X