Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Export all PC`s from particular AD container - how?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Export all PC`s from particular AD container - how?

Hello,

I am using Hyena 4.7 and I need export all PC`s from AD container eg. "Workstations" (but not from default AD "Computers" container. Does anybody knows how?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Export all PC`s from particular AD container - how?

You can double-click on the OU, which will display the computers in Hyena's right window. In the right window you can do a Ctrl-a to select all computers, then Ctrl-c to open the Copy List Windows which will allow you to export that information to a delimited text file or to the Windows clipboard to be pasted to another program.

Comment

Yes, its true.
      But if my OU contains other OU`s and I need to have PC`s from all OU`s, which are in the "mother" OU?

Comment

The only option at this time would be to use that same method one OU at a time and append the output.

We have plans to enhance the reporting and exporting funtions to better handle AD information later this year, and at that time this should be an easier task.

Comment

We may have a better option for you in the next release through a new OU filtering option. With this, you can select any OU (or the entire directory) and query for any object or combination and traverse through all sub-OUs.

We hope to have a beta ready in a couple of weeks. To join the beta list, send an email to [email protected]
          Kevin Stanush
          SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

Working...
          X