exporting alias

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exporting alias

I need to clean up old aliases in a 2000 and exchange 2000 domain. I am trying to use the export function and have not been able to get any info. I have changed the export.ini file to include the info I want. I run it from a cmd line and it doesn’t export any info. I am looking for user name or first, last name and Alias. Is the export function able to do this

Re: exporting alias

I am trying to pull the email alias from Exchange 2000

Comment

The File->Export facility is currently not capable of extracting this information. But you can get this information in Hyena's GUI, then copy it to the clipboard in delimited format (or a file).

First, click on the first toolbar button, select Queries, and modify or create a new query for All Users that contains the attribute(s) that you want (mailnickname perhaps). Right click on All Users, select Tabular Views->Query Name. Then, Control-A (Edit->Select All), Control-C (Edit->Copy) and you can then select how you want the data exported.
      Kevin Stanush
      SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

thanks, this will give me the email address but I am looking for is in the directory string: proxyaddresses.

Comment

Proxyaddresses can be added to the query in the same way, as can dozens of other directory attributes. If you have questions about this, email [email protected].
          Kevin Stanush

Comment

You are correct, we just recieved the enterprise license and it is plugged into exchange 2000. When I put in the proxyaddress it only pulls one address when people have multiple proxyaddresses? is there something that can be added to the query to get more than one?
            Thanks for the help this is a great tool

Comment

Not at this time, but we have modified Hyena in v5.0 to support retrieval / display of multi-valued Active Directory attributes in Tabular queries. To join the beta group, send a blank email to [email protected].

We hope to release the v5.0 beta in a few weeks.
              Kevin Stanush

Comment

Working...
              X