Export last name, first name in separate columns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Export last name, first name in separate columns

We want to create a report of users from our DC’s that can be exported in columns with Last Name, First Name, and UserID. The report we get right now only gives the full name is there a way to change this?

Re: Export last name, first name in separate columns

Unfortunately that is the way the data is stored in the user record, which is what it exports.

The only recommendation might be to create a query in Access to separate these out.

Comment

Are these users part of a Windows NT or Windows 2000 domain ? If NT, did you just enter the entire name in the fullname field. If so, then you would have to separate them after the export. But if you have a Windows 2000 domain, we can explain how to create a report to do this.
      Kevin Stanush
      SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

We are running in mix mode right now.

Comment

Try changing your domain type to Windows 2000 Domain under File->Manage Object View. Make sure you enter in the ADSI Path in the format of LDAP://domain.

Once you change it and save the change, expand your domain and right-click on All Users, then choose Tabular Views->Users(Detailed - Personal).

This query displays the user data in the right window with First, Middle, and Last names separated out.

Comment

That looks perfect in the display now how do I export to excel?

Comment

In the right window do a Ctrl-a to select the records, then Ctrl-c to bring up the Copy List Window. You can then choose to export to a delimited text file or the Windows Clipboard.

Comment

We are almost there. You guys have been great so far.

The last thing I need in this report is if the account is active or diabled. I can see the disabled icon next to the display name but when I copy I don't get the 1 or 0 for active/diabled.

Comment

You can modify the User(Detailed - Personal) query to include this field. To do this go to File->Manage Object View->Queries. Select the Users(Detailed - Personal) query, then in the window in the lower right, click on Account Flags, click Add, and then OK.

When you run this query you will now have an additional column at the end with the various account flags, including DISABLED for disabled accounts.

Comment

Another sneaky way to get the icon is the check the box to "export icons" on the export dialog (it at the bottom left corner of the dialog). This will give you a unique number for each type of icon.
                    Kevin Stanush
                    SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

Working...
                    X