Hyena changes printer setup when pushing on Cancel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyena changes printer setup when pushing on Cancel

We have defined all our network printers on a NT4SP6a cluster node. Workstation is NT4SP6a with Hyena 4.3.
    When I double-click on a printer in Hyena, the settings shown are *not* the actually configured settings. When I then leave with "Cancel" the printer settings get updated with these wrong settings.
    Pretty unbelievable but reproducible.
    We have been wondering for month because of printer settings changing miraculously.
    I can provide printer models (all HP) and detailed settings of the options that get changed if this helps.
    Thanks for your help.

Re: Hyena changes printer setup when pushing on Cancel

Sorry, I didn't see the bug report forum at the end of the list. The Admin can perhaps move the request to that forum.

Comment

This is indeed a bit of a strange problem. For what its worth, Hyena does not carry out any actions when you click either OK or Cancel: this is performed by Windows, which in turn probably handles it through a driver. In fact, Hyena does not even really know what is displayed at all, as once the printer properties dialog gets displayed, Hyena is no longer in control.

Try this: right click on a printer, and see if you have a functioning Shell Functions menu. If not, let us know so that we can try to fix this. When the Shell Functions are not available, Hyena uses a different API function named "PrinterProperties". This function is not used unless the Shell Functions are not available. Still, Hyena makes the function call to PrinterProperties and that is all, so if anything does change, it probably either a bug in Windows or the driver.

But once we know what function Hyena is using, we can search to see if this is a known issue or not.

Thanks
      Kevin Stanush
      SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

>>Try this: right click on a printer...<<
        The 5 options in the "Shell Function" menu are grey (not selectable).
        Thank you for the fast response.

Comment

There are some instructions on how to fix this in this thread:
          http://www.systemtools.com/HyenaBoar...ML/000002.html

Let us know if this fixes the problem.

Comment

Working...
          X