create report of local groups on workstations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• create report of local groups on workstations

I need to create a report to list the memebers of the power users and local administrators groups on all workstations.

I know I can view this information in hyena, but is there a way to create a report on it?

I've also found local.exe in the resource kit, but I'm not good with batch files.

Thanks,jb

Re: create report of local groups on workstations

You can do this using the Export Members funtion under File->Export->Members.

You will end up with a delimited text file that you can open with Excel for reporting.

To specify just these two groups, click the Groups tab and put the following in the Specific Groups to Export box:

[Administrators][Power Users]

Comment

ok, in export I unchecked all but the members tab, I then select workstation local group members.

It only seems to list a few machines and then stops. We have around 300 machines it should list, I can paste the results here or email them to you, let me know.

jb

Comment

Exporter gets the computer list from the Windows browse list.

If you have a browsing issue, this can cause missing computers.

If this is the case, the best solution would be to use Hyena's Generate Macro function to create a batch file for you to run this.

If you need help with creating this, send an email to [email protected] and we'll help you out.

Comment

Working...
        X