Printers: OSP address muddles reporting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printers: OSP address muddles reporting

There are some printers in our enterprise that are used by Open Systems Printing. Somehow, Hyena is gathering the OSP printer name and inserting it in the reports between the Comment field and the Port Name field with 3 hard returns in between. This results in a muddled report and leads me to two questions:

1. From where is Hyena grabbing the OSP printer name?

2. Why can't I select (or remove) OSP printer name from the field view selection options?

Here's a sample of the resulting CSV file (commas are easy to tell which fields are populated and what's happening). I have only selected Printer Name, Share Name, Location, Comment, Port Name, Driver Name, Jobs:

\\KSERV1\KSA02,KSA02,Location2,HR Printer,15.13.24.8:KSA02,HP LaserJet 4,0
    \\KSERV1\KBS01,KBS01,Location2,Infrastructure Support

OSP Address: KM001a,KBS01,HP LaserJet 4050 Series PCL 6,0
    \\KSERV1\KBS02,KBS02,Location2,Common Printer,HP LaserJet 4050 Series PCL 6,0

Note that there are 3 printers listed here. The second printer is used by OSP, and after the Comment field there are 3 hard returns, an OSP Address shown, then the Port Name, Driver Name, and Jobs finish. Thus, one printer takes 5 lines (and results in 5 records in the Access report) because of the OSP interjection.

Any ideas?

Re: Printers: OSP address muddles reporting

I think that I have seen this before: Check to see if someone has entered in a bunch of comments with carriage returns in the comments field for the printer. I might not be easily visible. That is probably where this information is being returned from.
    Kevin Stanush
    SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

Re: Printers: OSP address muddles reporting

And you are very correct. I feel like a tool. Good call!

Comment

Working...
      X