Reporting disk space

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reporting disk space

Not sure if this is posible or not, but is there a way I can run a report (or export) that shows me the disk space for all servers that contain specific letters in their machine names? For example,all of our domain controllers contain DC somewhere in the machine name. Can I run a report that gives me the drive space on machines that contain DC as part of their machine name? I see how I can export, but this exports every server, and we have over 500 servers, only about 80 of which are domain controllers.

Re: Reporting disk space

You can display the computers in the right window by double-clicking on the Computers object.

This list can be filtering using the options under Edit->Find/Filter. Enter in DC for the search string, select Computer Name in the Column to Search drop-down and click the checkbox for Filter out records that DO NOT match the search string.

This will leave you with a filtered list of computers that you can select and then right-click and chose Drive Space. When the drive space information has been displayed for the selected computers you can then to a Tools->Run Report.

Comment

This allows you to only get the information for each server that is in the list on a one by one basis. In other words you still need to right click on each server and select disk space and then run the report for each system?

Comment

You can select all of the servers that you want to report on, then right-click and choose Drive Space.

This will report disk space information on all selected computers.

Comment

Well I guess I blew it on this.... Thanks for the tip,,, I would have sworn that I tried this without any luck, but I was able to do it (:> )

Comment

Working...
          X