Feature request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feature request

I have a suggestion to improve the usability of Hyena.

Often I need to check something on several computers. For example, to check if a particular service is running. To do so I have to select the first computer, drill down to the services etc. Then I have to repeat this for each computer. I realise I could export the info, but it just seems easier to do a quick check this way.

What would be really nice, would be to get to the information I'm interested in on the right window and then to be able to click on another computer in the tree menu and the right window will automatically refresh for that computer.

Currently, clicking once on a computer doesn't do anything.

Any chance this could be incorporated?

Thanks

Re: Feature request

Thanks for the suggestion. One thing that you might try is right-clicking on the computer and choosing what you want to view from that menu. In your example of Services, you will have your computers listed in the left window, right-click on one and choose Services. To view this for another computer, simply scroll down the left window to it, then right-click and choose Services.

It's an extra click from what you've requested, but should still be faster than expanding the computer then double-clicking on the option you want to view for that computer.

Comment

In the next release, you could use WMI to do this. You would select the computers in the right window (multi-select), right click, and select a WMI query that you have setup to query just this service. Hyena would then show you the service information for this service on all computers.

You would even be able to start/stop the service if you wanted to.
      Kevin Stanush
      SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

Perhaps services wasn't a good example, as it's only one click. The registry or events are better examples. What I have suggested would reduce the amount of clicking considerably.

It would be really nice to have, if you could incorporate it someday, i would be very grateful.

Whilst I’m at it, something else that would be real good would be to have the option of two or more output windows (right window). This would let you easily compare the setup of two or more computers.

Comment

We hope to have multi-output window options in the next version (ie beta of v6.1)
          Kevin Stanush
          SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

Working...
          X