Feature Request - Exporter suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feature Request - Exporter suggestions

This may already exist but I don't know how to do it. For each type of export, there is a field for an output file. I think it would be very useful if it was possible to have some available variables for the object (in this specific case server) and the date that could be plugged into this field to generate unique text files without having to change the log files each time especially if I just want to do it for one object.

For example, say I export one server object to Exporter Pro and I want to export all available information about it but into separate files.

If this was available, I could pre-set all of my output files to the following:

%servervar%-%date%-services.txt
    %servervar%-%date%-shares.txt
    %servervar%-%date%-drives.txt
    %servervar%-%date%-localgroups.txt

Another option would be to have all of the output file options on one tab so cutting and pasting could be accomplished much quicker. Thoughts?

Dave

Re: Feature Request - Exporter suggestions

This is an interesting suggestion, and in our next series of updates to Exporter, I'll see if I can do something. Exporter v1.2 already has a way to interface to Hyena so this would be another way that these file names could be configured.

Thanks for the suggestion.
    Kevin Stanush
    SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by kstanush:
      <span style="font-weight: bold">This is an interesting suggestion, and in our next series of updates to Exporter, I'll see if I can do something. Exporter v1.2 already has a way to interface to Hyena so this would be another way that these file names could be configured.

Thanks for the suggestion.</span></div></div>

I am also interested. Being able to insert a date variable would be the greatest, other items such as server, domain, etc woudl be good, but the DATE option is very necessary. SEE - http://72.32.210.42/board/Forum7/HTML/001028.html

Comment

This has been implemented in the current beta of Hyena and Exporter Pro. If you are interested in signing up to receive beta messages, send a blank email to [email protected]; in the meantime, go to www.systemtools.com/hyena/beta.html
        Kevin Stanush
        SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

Working...
        X