Lock out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lock out

I manage multiple NT and 2000 domains with different admin accounts in each. Since I have installed Hyena and used "Logon As" under particular servers one of my accounts is continually getting locked out *whether I have Hyena open or not*. Thoughts? Thanks in advance. Another admin on my WAN is experiencing the same issue.

Re: Lock out

When you do a Logon As, Hyena establishes an IPC$ connection with the remote computer using the credentials you supply.

If you enter in your username or password incorrectly, it will fail, but Hyena is not going to keep trying the connection. If you enter correct credentials, then the connection will be established.

There is no keep-alive or retrying going on by Hyena that would cause continual attempts for this.

I would suspect that you have something else going on in your network such as a service account using that information, or something similar.

Comment

I thought the same thing except that it's happening to the other admin (different accounts and different domains) *and* it started happening for both of us when we installed Hyena, which was on different weeks. Is there a way to clear any entered passwords? I had selected to recall them and I wonder if that's part of the issue.

Comment

That option only saves it until you restart Hyena. Hyena doesn't store this information anywhere, but can keep it for that session if you select that option.

Comment

Working...
        X