feature request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• feature request

to be able to sort the computers list by logged on status (ie all the grey PC's at the bottom all the blue "logged on" PC's at the top.. )

Re: feature request

We get requests for this feature from time-to-time, but don't really know of a way to implement it, as the icon is not a column that supports sorting, and there just isn't any GUI method to get to knowing that the user wants to sort on it.

What you can do, is Control-A, Control-C, and enable the "Include icon IDs in Output" and copy the data to the clipboard. You can then paste into Excel. But if you want to do something in Hyena, that is not a solution.
    Kevin Stanush
    SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

I'm not a code monkey so I might be waffling on about crap but.. I gotta try..

In theory, there is a value or "trigger" that makes hyena color the little icons blue or grey.. is it not possible to create an extra very slim column that has one of two value's (for the sake of the argument 0 for offline or grey and 1 for on-line or blue)

so you can sort by 1's or 0's .....

Its very rudimentary but you get what I'm aiming at..

Thanks..

Comment

I think all your lookin for is the "type" column.

I mean, if you sort by type, the <unknown> machines will sort at the very top or very bottom. And all the other machines are sorted by OS, then by name (if the entire list was sorted by name before hand).

Isn't that what you're looking for?

Comment

No,
          I'm after secificly PC's that are listed as "Being On and Active" .

When a PC is not turned on Hyena show it up as a grey PC, when it is turned on its Blue.

This feature would save me a lot of time in manually selecting whats on and whats not.

Comment

Then you must have some machines online that Hyena cannot figure out what "type" they are.

When I browse my domains, any machine that is "unknown", is OFF (and subsequently, greyed out).

All others are ON (and subsequently, blue).

There is the lag in reporting time, where some machines may show up as being on/blue, but aren't because they were just recently turned off.

Anyway, I'm probably babbling on and on here. I'll be quiet now...

;-)

Joel

Comment

For everyone's information, Hyena does not really know if the machine is on or not, but rather it gets the listing of the computers on the browse list, and the list of the computers in the SAM or Active Directory and merges these lists together. Anything on the browse list gets a blue icon.

The only way (at this time) to export the actual icon information is with Edit->Copy to Clipboard.

The browse list also contains a type code that is used to figure out the computer type and the comment is also on the browse list (why I have no idea). Thats why if a computer is offline (or not on the browse list) you don't see the type or comment.

Now, if you have Active Directory, you could put your own comments in several places and configure Hyena to display your custom attribute and your computers don't need to be on to see the information.
              Kevin Stanush
              SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

Working...
              X